Skip to main content

1949 Replay Final AL and NL Leaders

Games Played Leaders

AB Leaders
Plate Appearances Leaders
Runs  Scored Leaders
Hits Leaders
RBI Leaders
Singles Leaders
Doubles Leaders
Triples Leaders
Homerun Leaders
Extra-Base Hits Leaders
Total Bases Leaders
Walks Leaders
Strikeout Leaders (Bat)
Stolen Base Leaders
Most Outs Made Leaders
Runners Left On-Base Leaders
Batting Average Leaders
On-Base Percentage Leaders
Slugging Percentage Leaders
On-Base plus Slugging Percentage Leaders
Longest Hitting Streak Leaders
Longest On-Base Streak Leaders
Grand Slam Homeruns (all)
Games Pitched Leaders
Games Started Leaders
Complete Games Leaders
Wins Leaders
Losses Leaders
Saves Leaders
Shutouts Leaders
Quality Starts Leaders
Innings Pitched Leaders
Hits Allowed Leaders
Runs Allowed Leaders
Earned Runs Allowed Leaders
Singles Allowed Leaders
Doubles Allowed Leaders
Triples Allowed Leaders
Homeruns Allowed Leaders
Walks Allowed Leaders
Strikeout Leaders (Pit)
ERA Leaders
Run Support/9 Leaders
Base Runners/9 Leaders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1949 Replay NL Recap

St. Louis (105-49, 96-58, +9) Similar to Boston in the AL, St. Louis got off to a fast start and held on from there. They went 5-0 in Week One, slipped behind Pittsburgh into second place in Week Three, but then led the NL from there through the end of the season. Along the way both New York and Boston made a push to catch them, but with the Cardinals playing a consistent .700 level of ball they could get close but couldn’t quite finish the job and St. Louis ended up winning the league by 11.0 games over Brooklyn. Enos Slaughter While Ralph Kiner would likely get the MVP award, one of the reasons would be that Stan Musial , Enos Slaughter , and Red Schoendienst all would split votes away from each other. At about the 2/3’s point of the season, Slaughter went 14-for-18 in a series against Chicago (including two 5-for-5 games) and his average shot up over .400. Instead of immediately leveling back down, there it stayed until there were about ten days left in the season and ...

1949 Replay Project Plan

Now that I have completed my 1930 replay ( link ) I am ready to move onto my next project - 1949. I did a 1949 replay back in the mid-1980's using the Basic Game, with only the twenty players per team card set (no extra players at all). At the time I had other plans for future replays, but somehow parenthood got in the way and I have only just restarted doing solo replays. Ted Williams For my 1930 replay, I chose to use APBA Baseball for Windows (BBW) instead of cards and dice (C/D) like before. As much as I might prefer actually rolling for each at-bat, the prospect of all the necessary records keeping was overwhelming, so I opted for the computer game instead. I also chose to use the APBA Transaction Manager ( ATMgr ) add-on which maintains and loads the actual lineups as used during that season, again, another huge time saver once it was all set-up. The net of all this was once I did all of my prep work and had everything set-up before I played a game, once I star...

1949 Replay AL Recap

Boston (107-47, 96-58 , +11) This was the season for the Boston Red Sox. By the end of Week Two they had established themselves as the front runners and by the end of Week Eight they had a 9.5 game lead. Both Cleveland and New York made runs at first place later in the season but the Red Sox never folded. Of course, Boston did have the occasional bad week but they ended up the season with a .695 winning percentage, and while Cleveland and New York could muster a few weeks of performance at that level they just couldn't maintain the .700 winning percentage necessary to catch the Red Sox. Ted Williams One of the joys in doing a replay is that you get to see the all the stars at work and Ted Williams was the star of the 1949 season. Even the crustiest of sportswriters would be hard pressed to find a reason to give the MVP to someone else. Williams led the league in Batting Average (.377), Hits (212), Runs (165), RBI's (178), Homeruns (56), Walks (260), Total Bases (4...